What is Verdandi Integrative Health Coaching?
Do you want to lose weight, start exercising, reduce stress, sleep better or get more organized? Are there health behavior changes that you’ve wanted to make but haven’t either known how or been successful in the past? Has a new health concern arisen that you want to pay particular atte tion to? Health coaching effectively motivates and supports health behavior change through a structured partnership between the participant and coach. The coach helps you develop and realize your optimal health vision through inquiry, personal discovery and accountability.
Coaching provides an opportunity for you to collaborate with an experienced partner to carve out the kind of optimal health you’ve envisioned. A coach is like a “personal trainer” except the focus will be on your whole self. Any concern that gets in the way of taking care of your optimal health is the perfect subject with which to begin coaching.
Why is Integrative Health Coaching effective?
- Coaches work with the whole person. They listen to your concerns and ask powerful questions to help motivate you to make the changes you desire.
- Coaches spend time exploring what is most important to you and allow you to choose your course of action for whatever health concern you choose to address.
- Coaches guide you through a process to maximize the possibility of your success.
- You and your coach work in partnership to identify obstacles to change and create strategies for moving forward toward your goals.
- Coaches support you in tracking your weekly progress and hold you accountable for your commitments.
- Coaches provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes.
What might you bring up and talk about in your coaching sessions?
The coaching relationship is unique. The coach and the client form a partnership to better equip you to realize your optimal health vision based on your goals and values. Essentially, any topic you want to bring up that you think will contribute to your optimal health is an appropriate topic for Integrative Health Coaching. The coaching relationship is not exclusive to the following topics, but these questions in four broad areas may serve as a guide to help you think about your potential coaching experience.
How you view your life and health
- How do you assess your health and well-being now and how would you like it to be?
- Are there particular health goals or health behavior changes that you would like to focus on?
- As you look at the Wheel of Health, does any particular area stand out for you as one you would like to prioritize?
- How would your life be different if you were to achieve your optimal vision of health and vitality?
Your experiences since your last session
- What has occurred to you since your last call?
- Have you made any breakthroughs and insights?
- Have you taken any new action?
- Have you acquired any new learning?
- Have you made any new choices or decisions?
- Have you made progress toward your goals, projects and activities?
- What have you done that you are proud of?
- What barriers are coming up against?
How the coach can assist you in your change process
- Where you are stuck?
- Do you need help developing a plan of action?
- How can the coach further support you in your changes?
What does Verdandi mean?
Verdandi is the Norse Goddess of present fate. She handles predicaments in the present. Her name means “that which is”. Every day, she takes water from the Well of Fate, mix it with clay, and pour it over the tree’s branches. This stops it from decaying. Verdandi symbolize Health Coaching in that she is the goddess of present fait, just like we are in charge of the present fait of our bodies, and the also knows to take care of what is given to her so it will not waste away.