Norwegian Sweet Rolls (bolle deig)
This is a dough can be used for sweet rolls, but also cinnamon rolls or any other pastry. It turns out great every time.
- 4 cups (500 grams) Flour
- ¼ ts salt
- 3 ts dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1.5 cup milk (at about 100’F)
- ¼ cup oil or melted butter or margarine
- Add all dry ingredients and mix
- Combine milk and butter (make sure it is not too hot or cold around 100’)
- Add milk mix to dry mix
- Mix until the dough has a good consistency, a little like gum
- Let rise covered at room temperature for about 1 hour
- - Make rolls or anything else, it makes about 24.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with pam, and let rise at room temp for about 30 min.
- Bake at 450’ for about 10-15 minutes.