Grape Tomato Pasta Sauce
I've tried out many tomato sause recipees and the onces I really like have been very time consuming to make. When a friend gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, I fell in love. It is fresh, easy and fast to make and it tastes abselutly delishious!
- 12 oz spaghetti (about 3/4 box)
- 2 pounds grape or cherry tomatoes (about 6 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed or chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (I like a lot of both)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- parmesan for serving
- Heat oven to 425'.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease with olive oil) toss the tomatoes, garlic, 2T olive oil, salt and pepper to tast. Roast, tossing once, until the tomatoes begin to burst, about 25-35 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package, drain and return to pot
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, chives and remaining oil. Serve with parmesan cheese.
- I love this recipe with just the chives but you can make a mix of herbs like parsley, basil and chives, or just use one of those.
- Serve this over chicken, or as a marinara sause with ground beef