Solveig’s Sweet Potato and Beef Crockpot
This is my favorite crockpot recipe of all times
- 1 pound lean beef boneless chuck or stew beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- dash ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks, or 12 frozen small white onions, thawed
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes, undrained
- 8 dried apricots, cut in half (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- Trim any excess fat from beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef in the hot oil, stirring to brown all sides.
- In a 4 to 5-quart Crockpot, combine browned beef with sweet potatoes, garlic, allspice, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, onion, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until beef is tender. Stir in apricots, parsley and cream